Friday, January 3, 2014

Product Review: Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie

Price: Usually $14.00 (8oz.) but I got mine free during the Black Friday sale at purabodynaturals.com
Promise: Mmmmm... A chocolate treat for your hair. Cupuacu and chocolate to nourish and condition dry, brittle hair. A rich blend of oils and cocoa powder designed to be a sweet decadent treat for your hair.DSCN5485 
 
Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuacu) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Ricinoleamido-propyltrimonium Methosulfate, Imidazolium Quat. Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Lecithin, Vegetable Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Silk, Cocoa Powder, D-panthenol Phenoxyethanol, and Capryl Glycol
I usually would never purchase a product that has a chocolate scent but I decided to just give it a go since Pura Body Naturals was having a Buy One, Get One Free sale during Black Friday. I actually like the scent, it is not strong and it does not linger, in fact my godson said it smelled like chocolate chip cookies! I really like the texture, it is thick but really creamy. Two dollops was more than enough to condition my whole head. The Chocolate Hair Smoothie does live up to its promise of making your hair feel soft, I just wish it had a little bit more slip to it. Usually conditioners, such as Herbal Essences Hello Hydration,are a great help when detangling your hair, but the Chocolate Hair Smoothie did not help in that arena. I would purchase this again but only if its on sale.

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I have the same one but I haven't used it yet.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to love it but didn't -- protein content. I love several other products in this line.
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete