Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wash Day

Hey Ladies. I am a little late with this Wash Day Post…

It has been about 2 weeks since my touch up. I have just decided to wash my hair every other week to cut down on the manipulation. So here’s how it all went down…

[1] My pre-poo was a hot oil treatment. My scalp was not happy with me, its used to getting cleansed weekly. I used a mixture of grapeseed oil, safflower oil, and eucalyptus oil. While the oil was in my hair I detangled as well.

[2]I used an oldie but goodie to shampoo my hair this week: GVP Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo. I forgot how moisturizing it could be.

[3] I did a protein treatment using Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus. I was advised to do a protein treatment to keep my underprocessed hair strong. Although I have many products that contain some form of protein this is the first protein treatment that I have ever done. I kept it on my hair for about 10 minutes then rinsed.

[4] I sprayed my hair with Lady Grey tea before applying my deep conditioner

[6] For my deep conditioner I used Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie. I thought I was going to be annoyed by a product that smells like chocolate but it was not that bad, and it was very moisturizing. I kept the conditioner on for a little over a hour and rinsed.

[7] I applied my leave-ins Murumuru Moisture Milk and sealed in with my oil concoction.

DSCN5453 anywhoo, here’s a gander at my underprocessed hair

 

How was your most recent Wash Day?

Happy Holidays!!


2 comments:

  1. I love the volume that you've got at your roots. +1 for underprocessing!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. the volume is great but managing these textures is difficult... any tips??

    ReplyDelete