Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wash Day

It seems that with all of the holiday chaos I Have been neglecting my hair. With neglect and this winter weather my hair and scalp have been craving some TLC, what better way to make it up than with a Wash Day… right?

[1] I used a hot oil mixture consisting of Grapeseed oil, Safflower Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, and Lavender oil for my pre-poo. I massage the oil into my scalp and let it sit for about 30 minutes before rinsing.

[2] I shampooed my hair twice. My first shampoo I use Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo, then rinsed. I then shampooed my hair with WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner and rinsed

[3] I deep conditioned my hair with Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie for about 30 minutes.

[4] Sprayed ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer in my hair then applied Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk and sealed in with my favorite oil mix: Grapeseed oil, Coconut Oil, and Lavender Oil.

This wash day was so-so. I need to find a better way to manage these different textures in my hair. After shampooing, my hair was matted and that made detangling a nightmare. I thought the Chocolate Hair Smoothie would help, but I ended up applying Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and detangling my hair in the shower *whew*. I usually don’t have trouble detangling my hair until 6 weeks post. Its safe to say I will be counting down until I can correct this under processed hair… 3 more weeks!

Any tips on how to manage different textures, especially on Wash Day??

1 comment:

  1. I have a hundred different textures in my hair---okay---maybe not a hundred, but sometimes it feels that way! So I do everything in sections and I always start with a pre-wash detangle. It really helps to keep my hair from knotting up during the wash process.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete