Monday, December 2, 2013

Wash Day

Hello Ladies!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Break as well as the Black Friday sales, I sure did! Wash Day is a little late, I know, but I have to revamp my Wash Days based on my work schedule. Better late than never. Here’s how my Wash Day went down:
[1] Hot Oil treatment. I used a mix of Safflower Oil, Grapeseed Oil, and Eucalyptus oil. After applying to my hair I covered it with a plastic shower cap and let it sit on there for an hour then rinsed
[2]Shampooed my hair with WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner 2x’s
[3] Sprayed Lady Grey tea into my hair and let it saturate before applying my deep conditioner on top of it
[4] Applied WEN SixThirteen. I covered my hair with a plastic shower cap and let it sit for over an hour and a half and then rinsed with cool water
[5] Applied my leave-ins: ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer to my new growth and ends, applied Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler, and sealed it all in with my favorite oil mix: Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, and Lavender Oil.
I am 10 weeks post so I am due for a touch up, but my stretch is going well. Before my hair journey, I was worried about walking around with a “nappy head” so I was quick to get a relaxer. Nowadays I just don’t care if other people think my hair is nappy, as long as I can manage it I am okay. I am going to try to stick it out for another week or so.
I had a great Black Friday I got some hair products that I wanted to try. I still haven’t found a flat iron that I am willing to invest it. If you know of a good one feel free to share. I was also able to get a new camera which I am very happy about, now I can add more pics to my blog :)
Hope you all had a great holiday!
When do you plan on ending your relaxer stretch?


3 comments:

  1. My holiday was great and hope yours was also! I really like my Babyliss Titanium Nano (the light blue one). Had it for a very long time and still very effective
    Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the Nano on my wish list forever. I'm waiting for my Solia to die. I've had the Solia for almost 4 years and its still going strong.

      KLP | SavingOurStrands

      Delete
    2. I've had the Nano for about whew, let's see...at least 5 yrs if not more. I love it. I don't use heat much anyway so it should last me for a lot longer.
      Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

      Delete