Monday, December 2, 2013

Vitamin Hiatus

Very early in my hair journey I learned about women taking vitamins to increase hair growth. After doing my own research I began taking Biotin and MSM at a low dosage. When I felt comfortable (meaning when the bottle was gone and I had no crazy side effects) I amped the dosage, but not too drastically.DSCN5398

For the past two months, I have been noticing more acne appear on my face. When the bumps finally go away, they leave dark marks on my face. Because I have never had acne problems in the past, the cause was easy to pinpoint. Since I did not know which of the vitamins was the culprit, I just stopped taking both.

 Crater face at 24 or long hair??

Whether taking vitamin supplements aid in hair growth or not, I will stick to my occasional bump during my cycle and call it a day!

Have you had any negative side effects with taking vitamins? Please share.

4 comments:

  1. I took country life maxi hair vitamins early on and got migraines! I stopped! I am already acne-prone, so I refuse to try biotin and other ones!! It's so not worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'll just be growing my hair the old fashioned way. But I am thinking if I improve my diet and stick to an exercise regimen it would help my hair as well. My hair grew like wild fire when I was working out 3 times a week.

      Delete
  2. I've never taken any of the hair vitamins. I'm just too scared of the side-affects.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take my vitamin more for my health than my hair, I tried adding biotin at one point and it made my acne worse.

    ReplyDelete