Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wash Day

Hello Ladies!

By mid-week I really start to look forward to my Wash Days. I think of them as washing all the bad things away. This week’s hairstyles were super lowkey and I made sure I kept up with my M&S sessions. I love my PrettyWitty77 moisturizer, but since I have been using at least twice a day everyday this week I have been noticing some buildup. An itchy scalp has also cause me some issues this week especially in my crown area.

Pre-poo: Hot oil treatment. Oil was a mix of safflower oil and eucalyptus oil. This mix nipped my itchy scalp in the bud! I covered my hair with a plastic bag for 40 minutes

Shampoo: WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner

Tea Rinse+ Deep Conditioner: Saturated my hair with Lady Grey Tea then put my deep condition mix on top of it. My mix consisted of water, glycerin, Tresemme naturals, and WEN Six Thirteen. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for about 1 hour and 50 minutes.

Leave-Ins: Herbal Essences Split End Protector and seal in with my fave oil concoction: Grapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Lavender Oil

This is my third time using the WEN Cleansing Conditioner and it made my new growth and my scalp feel amazing. My deep conditioning mix was icing on the cake because my hair was super moisturized and easy to detangle. I have had the Herbal Essences Split End Protector for a while and didn’t really like the product until today. I used it while my hair was still moist and it just glided on and sunk into my strands. This was a much needed and great wash day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Harlem, what's the moisturizer you are using and are you protein sensitive? WEN makes my hair feel kind of hard after it dries although is lovely during the wash.
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I am protein sensitive, then again I have never really had a real protein treatment. Some of the products that I use do contain protein but I have never had any bad effects(except when I used Organix Awapuhi Ginger Repairing Shampoo, but I contributed the dryness I experienced with it being a sulfate-free shampoo which I was not used to). After I rinsed out my deep conditioner I applied Herbal Essences Split End Protector for my moisturizer to my hair while it was still damp. KLP has a good review on it but it does contain some silk extract http://www.savingourstrands.com/2013/09/product-review-herbal-essences.html I did notice that the Herbal Essences did not react well on my dry hair and I cannot apply any additional products with it because it causes my hair to feel coated. I feel like I'm rambling but I hope I answered your questions. Do you know it there is any test I could do to know exactly if I'm protein sensitive or not?

      Delete