Saturday, November 23, 2013

Product Review: WEN SixThirteen


Price: 12 oz. Regular Price $49.00, Member Price $34.95 wen.com
Promise: ”Pamper your hair with this deeply richIMG_1890 cleansing treatment designed to help moisturize and nourish the hair. Use as a boost to the Wen Cleansing Conditioner to help calm the scalp, nourish the hair and add manageability and strength.” 
Key Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Soy Protein: Designed to help strengthen the hair and improve hair manageability.Glycerin: A humectant that provides moisturizing benefits to the hair. Panthenol: Designed to help strengthen hair and restore resilience. Menthol: Designed to soothe and calm the scalp. Nourishing Complex: A complex of 11 amino acids and 25 oils and extracts designed to help nourish the hair.
Per request I decided to review WEN SixThirteen. I have used this many times and in many ways. It is supposed to be used in combination with the WEN Cleansing Conditioner to give it an extra boost and it can also be used as a mask. I have tried using it as a mask and I have also mixed it in with other conditioners to boost my deep conditioning sessions and because it smells so yummy. But in every way it is great, it is just as moisturizing as the WEN cleansing conditioner and it too gives my scalp a nice tingly feeling. I feel it works best when you cover your hair with a plastic cap to lock in body heat, when you finally whip the cap off it seems as if the product melted right into your strands (its like butta baby). It only comes in one scent, Lemon Rosemary Vanilla Bean, when you open it you can definitely smell the menthol but its not over powering, its light and I love any and all things Vanilla. IMG_1891The consistency is much thicker than the WEN Cleansing Conditioner but it soaks into your hair just the same. It leaves your hair very moisturized and when used with WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner it makes detangling and breeze.
I would recommend everyone try it out. Although when I reviewed WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner I said I would not buy it because of the steep price, I am considering retracting that statement. Just think, WEN Cleansing Conditioner comes in a 16 oz bottle and I got about 6 uses from it, that’s enough for more than a month, and that one product would replace all of the shampoos/condish/leave-ins that I buy which would in turn definitely nip my growing pj-ism in the bud… but I digress. Like I was saying, WEN SixThirteen is a nice, rich moisturizing conditioner. It makes your scalp feel great and helps soften and moisturize your new growth.

2 comments:

  1. I've had Wen products pretty low on my wish list but I'm considering moving them higher with your awesome review!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't given 613 a look because I was told it acts like a protein. I see you consider it moisturizing though. hmmmm Don't tempt me.
    Divachyk@Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete