Sunday, November 17, 2013

Product Review: WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner

Price: Regular Price- $38.00, Member Price- $29.95(16 oz.) wen.com

Promise:WEN Cleansing Conditioner is a p-wen-products-p01revolutionary new concept in hair care. A 5-in-1 formula, this one product takes the place of your shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, detangler and leave-in conditioner. It cleanses hair thoroughly without lathering or harsh ingredients. It's designed not to strip your hair and scalp of natural oils,leaving your hair with more strength, moisture, manageability and better color retention.”

Key Ingredients:

Glycerin: provides moisturizing benefits to the hair. One of the best humectants and has natural moisturizing properties.
Chamomile Extract: designed to help add sheen and highlights. Used for its soothing, calming properties.
Rosemary Extract: designed to condition, tone and strengthen hair. Is an invigorating toner and astringent.
Panthenol: helps to promote and restore resilience. A penetrating moisturizer that plumps the hair shaft to make it appear thicker. Designed to reduce split ends, smooth, strengthen and seal in moisture.

I am certain many of you have seen the infomercial ads for WEN. WEN is said to be great for all types of hair because it is gentle and does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate which is the the cleansing component of regular shampoos that causes it to lather. So no, WEN does not lather, but it cleanses your hair just the same. I received WEN accidentally, I have one of those (retired) fathers who seems to order things off of the television just because. No complaints here, I finally hit the jackpot on one of his orders lol. Anyway he decided to slide the WEN my way when he found no use for it.

I really like this product. The lavender scent is great and surprisingly relaxing. The reason why I love this product right now is because it makes my scalp feel absolutely AMAZING!!! This is a great addition to my stash during these dry winter months when my scalp is unbearably itchy. I do agree with WEN when they say it leaves your hair more moisturized and manageable because using this at about 8 weeks post my hair is easier to detangle than ever. When my hair dries it is just soft, moisturized and bouncy.

WILL I PURCHASE THIS AGAIN: With my own money, NO. Even though I love the product, the price tag attached is a no-no for me, even if it does replace 5 products. At 16 ounces, I only got about 6 uses out of it. If money is not an object to you I say GET IT NOW!!! I hear Sally’s has a generic version called Hair One, maybe I’ll try it and compare the two when I finish these two bottle that I have.

 

Have you tried WEN? Share your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Tried WEN Fig and my hair felt great with it on but that felling was short lived. Very dry hair once my regi was complete. I'm sure it was the hydrolyzed protein causing the issue.
    Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to hear that... I hope you give it a second chance. Just don't skip any steps in your Wash Day regimen. Hopefully it will turn out better!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried it but I've really wondered if it worked. Thanks for the review!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete