Monday, November 11, 2013

Liebster Blog Award 2013

Wow! I am speechless and happy to announce that With Love, From Harlem: Healthy Hair Journey has received an nomination for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely KLP over at Saving Our Strands.
Liebster Award 2013
11 Fun Facts!
  1. I love reading/watching anything that has to do with the history of African Americans. It is just so enlightening.
  2. I am completely obsessed with astrology. Whether you believe in it or think its just bologna, I love that it teaches you a few aspects of your personality.
  3. I am a foodie by heart, I love trying new foods from different cultures.
  4. Speaking of food, wouldn’t it be great if I could travel the world with Anthony Bourdain and eat all day… YES!
  5. Since we’re still on the subject of food I am known as the “Microwave Queen” in my family. I can cook but.. I just don’t do it that often and the microwave is so convenient sometimes #dontjudgeme
  6. Harlem: Not my real name nor where I’m from
  7. Music is everything to me. I just love that there is always a song that describes exactly how I am feeling to a T.
  8. I learned how to cornrow at the age of 24. I’m still not good at doing my own hair though #longhurrrproblems
  9. Believe it or not I have only had my hair professionally done 3 times
  10. None of my friends know I have this blog
  11. In fact, no one really knows that I am on a healthy hair journey either
KLP’s Questions
1. Why did you start blogging? I thought it would be easier to keep up with what I was doing in my hair journey. I have tried to blog before but I didn’t stick with it.
2. Who was your first hair crush? AALIYAH! I dreamed of having hair like hers as a little girl
3. What are your favorite ways of using products that suck? It depends on how bad they suck. If they are just terrible I just pass them on to my mother. If they are not as terrible I’ll just use them as recommended or mix them into another product
4. What was it like when you received your first follower? I was excited to know that I just wasn’t another blogger lost in the blogosphere. It feels good to know someone knows your out there and is paying attention
5. What has your hair taught you about life? I am still a rookie on this hair journey but I have been learning patience is key in everything that you do
6. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?I didn’t think I would stick to blogging at all. But I hope I learn more so that I can teach and give more to my readers
7. What's the best thing about blogging? Talking to people with similar interests as you! You form some type of bond with fellow bloggers and readers. You get guidance and advice--- you can’t beat it
8. What does your blog name mean to you? I have never given it much thought.It’s just embodies me… I do everything with love and Harlem is a place that I love
9. How do you deal with negative feedback on or about your blog? Luckily, I haven’t received any negative comments but knowing me I would just ignore it anyway
10. How personal do you get on your blog?  Not that personal, I may mention the little things that go on in my life but nothing too deep. I have nothing to hide but that is just that’s just my personality in general
11. How many pushups can you do? I have no upper body strength whatsoever,so I am going to guess-timate about 7.5!
I have been seeing these posts on many of my favorite blogs but I didn’t really know what it was. The Liebster Award is basically a blogger to blogger type of award and was created to recognize and discover new bloggers. I graciously accept this award and in doing that here are the rules: 
  • Write 11 interesting facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger that nominated you
  • Pick 5 fellow bloggers (must have fewer than 200 followers)to give this award to
  • Link back to the blogger that nominated you
I nominate:
Fancy Flair Lady
Hair, There, and Everywhere
taysnotebook
Scarlet Girl
Pocahontas Haircare Secrets
Here are my questions: liebster-award-e1355858473421
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. What is the inspiration behind your blog’s name?
  3. How do you balance your life while trying to maintain you blog?
  4. Who is your favorite blogger and why?
  5. What is it that separates your blog from others?
  6. What is the best thing about blogging?
  7. How do you choose the topics you post on your blog?
  8. What is the most important thing that you’ve learned on your hair journey?
  9. How long have you been on your hair journey?
  10. What does it feel like when one of your readers say that your blog has helped them?
  11. Name one(and only one) product that you cannot live without.

3 comments:

  1. I love this line: "I have been learning patience is key in everything that you do."

    AMEN!!!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair transplant in Pakistan hair loss Solution, remedies and therapy . Call for free consultation related to damaged hair or hair fall. 03334309999 http://www.hairtransplantt.com

    ReplyDelete