Saturday, October 12, 2013

Wash Day

Today marks three weeks post for me and my new growth is slowly emerging. This week I kept my hair in two flat twists. I love this style, it keeps my ends tucked in and is super low maintenance. Not to mention the lovely waves I get when I take them down. This wash day I decided to give my scalp some luvin’. My tresses looked nice and moisturized but when I got a look at my scalp it was quite dry, so I decided to give myself a hot oil pre-poo.

Pre-poo: Hot oil treatment with a mixture of Coconut Oil, Jamaican Black Castor oil, Safflower oil, and a couple of drops of Eucalyptus essential oil. I covered my hair with a plastic bag and plastic shower cap, wrapped a towel on my head, and then topped it off with  another plastic shower cap. I left the oil on my hair for about 45 minutes.

Shampoo: Since I did an oil treatment I decided to revisit using Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo. Last time I used it I found it to be very drying, this time I was not disappointed. I will use this shampoo only if I do hot oil pre-poos.

Tea Rinse + Deep Conditioner: I saturated my hair with Lady Grey tea and allowed my strands to soak it up for 6 minutes before applying my DC mix on top of it. My DC mix consisted of Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Tresemme Naturals, Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter, and WEN Six Thirteen. I covered my hair and allowed it to sit for an hour.

Leave-Ins: I applied Palmer’s Coconut Oil Hair Milk to my roots and length, Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth to my ends, and sealed everything in with Grapeseed Oil.

How was your most recent wash day?

No comments:

Post a Comment