Sunday, October 6, 2013

Wash Day

Happy Wash Day ladies!

Pre-poo: Applied Herbal Essences Hello Hydration covered my hair with a plastic cap and left on for about 40 minutes and rinsed.Picture 016

Shampoo: Used Organix Awapuhi Ginger Repairing Shampoo, shampooed 2X’s

 

Tea Rinse+ Deep Conditioner: Sprayed Lady Grey Tea in my hair and left it on for a full 10 minutes before applying my deep conditioner mixture on top of it. The DC mix consisted of Hello Hydration Conditioner, Tresemme Naturals, Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter, and 3 pumps of WEN Six Thirteen. The mix was about two tablespoons which was more than enough for my Picture 013whole  head. I covered my hair with a plastic bag followed by a microfiber towel to trap in body heat, then I topped it off with two plastic shower caps. I left it on my hair for 1 hour 30 minutes and rinsed with cool water.

Leave-Ins: Sprayed Proclaim Tea Tree Leave In Conditioner to my hair concentrating on my ends. Moisturized with Soultanicals Knot Sauce and sealed in with grapeseed oil and Organix Coconut Milk  Anti-Breakage serum. I allowed my hair to dry 70% and then I put my hair into two flat twists. The next day I had beautiful waves in my hair!

Picture 017Picture 002

This was my second time using Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo, the first time I diluted it and I don’t know exactly how I feel about it. Even though I did not completely rinse my pre-poo out, the shampoo left my hair feeling cleansed--- but  a little dry. So after the tea rinse I was extremely happy to apply my deep conditioner which seemed to melt into my strands and restore some moisture. When I come to think about it, I used this shampoo the Wash Day before my touch-up and that week I was experiencing hair so dry that no amount of M&Sing could combat. I know many of you follow Fancy Flair Lady and she had the same results using Organix shampoo because they are sulfate- free, which is more than likely the reason why it dries out hair. This week I plan on doing more research on sulfate-free shampoos.

  Other than that, Wash Day was a breeze. AND… yesterday  marked the 6 month anniversary of my HHJ… YAY *Throws confetti*

 

How Was Your Wash Day?

What are your feelings on Sulfate-Free Shampoos?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your HHJ anniversary!

    I've had Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter sitting in my stash for a few weeks---I need get my life right and use it soon!

    I have two go to poos: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling---which is sulfate free and Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie--which is loaded with sulfates. Both leave my hair feeling more moisturized than any other poo that I've tired but the Matrix totally out performs KeraCare. Strange but true!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter smells divine but I have only used it mixed with other conditioners but its nice and thick... and I'm researching sulfates as we speak, its so confusing.

      Delete