Saturday, October 19, 2013

DIY: Daily Hair Moisturizer

When I was on my quest for a great daily hair moisturizer I was disappointed by many of the products that I tried. I told myself “I need to find a way to make my own moisturizer!” That way, I won’t be wasting a ton of money. So I was super happy when I came across PrettyWitty77 on YouTube making her own moisturizer. And check it, you only need three ingredients!!!

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner (or your fave moisturizing condish)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Water
  • 1.5 Teaspoons of Glycerin

(ADD THOSE INGREDIENTS IN THAT ORDER)

IMG_1856

Honestly, I was a little hesitant about trying this recipe because I wasn’t too keen about using conditioner as the main component of my moisturizer. In the end, the mixture was light but not runny.

IMG_1854 The amount I made should last me about 2-3 weeks.

So… How did it work?

With a little tweaking, it worked well and I was very pleased with the results. After sealing with grapeseed oil, when I whipped my scarf off the next morning my hair was not only moisturized but extremely soft. If I wanted, I could use it every other day instead of everyday. I am happy I finally made this because I think this mix will be perfect further into my stretch. Putting my mix into a spray bottle makes it easy to distribute through out my hair, although I am eyeing the  pump bottle my Herbal Essences Split End Protector came in.

How does it measure up to your Staple Moisturizer?

I think I like this recipe more than I like my Soultanicals Knot Sauce. This mix delivers way more moisture and I have not experienced build-up, not to mention it is easy on my purse…

Have you ever tried making your own moisturizer? Feel free to share your recipes.

4 comments:

  1. Nice recipe! And I totally re-use the pump bottles from my HESEP. Ha-ha! I love pump tops!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I do, but I have found that its more effective during the colder months

      Delete