Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wash Day

This week I have been keeping my low key, just M&Sing it. Recently my father ordered WEN for his hair (don’t ask me why) but he didn’t really feel like he was seeing any results so he dropped the products off for me to try. I have heard many mixed reviews about WEN and due to the price tag attached to it, I have never been that curious to purchase it. When I looked at the label I noticed it said ‘Cleansing Conditioner’ so I got a little confused about how to incorporate it into my Wash Day without having to cut any steps out like my tea rinse. But the lovely Divachyk cleared it up.

Pre-Poo: I opted for an overnight pre-poo this week. I parted my hair into 4 sections and applied Tresemme Naturals condish and covered with an plastic bag and then a scarf. I rinsed in the a.m. and my hair felt lovely.

Shampoo: WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner used as directed. I really liked the way it made my scalp feel.

Tea Rinse+ Deep Conditioner: I saturated my hair with Lady Grey tea and let it sit for about 7 minutes before applying my deep conditioner directly on top of it. My deep conditioner was a mixture of Tresemme Naturals, Organix Argan Oil & Shea Butter, WEN Six Thirteen Lemon Rosemary Vanilla Bean, and a spoonful of Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy. After applying my deep conditioner, I covered my hair with a plastic bag followed my a towel, and then topped off with two plastic shower caps. I allowed it to sit for about 2 hours, the last twenty minutes were in a steaming shower.

Leave- In: I lightly sprayed my hair with ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer concentrating on the ends. My beloved Soultanicals Knot Sauce finally came in the mail so applied that and then sealed everything with Grapeseed Oil. When my hair was about 70% dry I put two flat twists in my hair and called it a day.[Note: I let my hair air dry unless otherwise stated]

Since I am freshly relaxed, this Wash Day was easy breezy. I have absolutely no complaints about WEN. I honestly wished I had this product two weeks ago when I was having such a hard time maintaining my new growth, maybe I would have held off on the touch up.

HOW WAS YOUR WASH DAY?

YOUR THOUGHTS ON WEN?

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried Wen because of the price tag but I'm glad you liked it

    ReplyDelete