Saturday, September 14, 2013

Wash Day

Laaaaaddies, let me tell you… This week my hair has been pushing me over the EDGE!!! I don’t know what happened during last week’s Wash Day but a a day later my hair was desert dry and no amount of moisturizing and sealing was getting it. Mid- week I attempted to do a Co-Wash (I did it the wrong way) but it turned out to be a deep conditioning session. But that and my oil-based moisturizers helped relieve the dryness *sigh of relief*. I was freaking out because My hair felt so dry and brittle and that is a no, no 9 weeks post. I am praying that I make it to my goal of stretching to 12 weeks, but I will not be upset with myself if I only make to it 10. After a rough week, this week’s wash is dedicated to MOISTURE!

Pre-poo: Hot Oil treatment with Grapeseed Oil. Covered my hair with a plastic bag and let sit for about 40 minutes.

Shampoo: I used diluted Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo and shampooed my hair twice. During the second shampoo I discovered washing your hair in braids. I think next week I will try it again. Washing your hair in braids will help me minimize the tangling

Tea Rinse: Not only was I combating dry hair this week but shedding as well so I made sure I was really thorough with my tea rinse. I used one bag of Chamomile Tea and one bag of Rosehip Hibiscus Tea. I sprayed it into the 3 sections of my hair and hovered over the sink for a couple of minutes and then rinsed it out.

Deep Conditioner: I applied Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner to my hair. Then I covered my hair with a plastic bag, followed by a microfiber towel to lock in my body heat, and then I topped it off with a plastic shower cap. I lost track of time but I left the deep conditioner on my head for over an hour and a half and rinsed and finger detangled in the shower. I read many great reviews on this conditioner, but I was not impressed at all by it.

Leave-In: While my hair was still damp I applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum, followed by Optimum Care Whipped Oil Moisturizer and finally applied some Grapeseed Oil.

Picture 094

Picture 107

(The first photo is just after I washed the deep conditioner out, the second photo is a pic of my new growth)

 

I let my hair air dry then I put it into two braids. Overall, it was an okay wash day. I think I am going to go forward with my touch up next week.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks very lovely, moisturized and hydrated. Good luck on your TU. I can't wait to see your reveal.
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete