Saturday, September 7, 2013

Wash Day

Shampoo: A few days ago when I was looking at justgrowalready.com I noticed that Jeni uses an applicator bottle to apply her diluted shampoo to her hair, so I decided to give it a try. I used my GVP Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo and mixed it with L’Oreal Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo and diluted it and applied it directly to my scalp using an applicator bottle. It worked pretty well, I like that I didn’t get as many tangles in my hair and tangled hair is something that I don’t need especially since I am 8 weeks post relaxer.

Tea Rinse: I used a combination of green tea and lavender tea

Deep Conditioner: I first applied L’Oreal Damage- Erasing Balm to my roots and new growth, I then applied TRESemme Moisture Rich conditioner to my length and ends, and finally topped it off by applying coconut oil. I covered my hair with a plastic bag and then a plastic shower cap and let it sit on my hair for 1hr 35mins.

Leave-In: I usually apply my leave-ins before I let my hair air dry, but that was not the case today. I sprayed Creme of Nature Leave- In on my roots followed by EDEN BodyWorks to the length and sealed it in with an oil concoction of mine (Grapeseed oil, lavender oil, coconut oil). After applying all of that my hair still felt extremely dry so I scraped the rest of my Soultanicals Knot Sauce out of the bottle and my hair felt extremely happy.

After hunting for a new moisturizer I just broke down and bought another bottle of Soultanicals Knot Sauce, I guess it is my staple moisturizer for a reason.

1 comment: