Thursday, August 15, 2013

Product Review

EDEN BodyWorks: Coconut Shea All Natural Leave-In

 

Price: $9.99 for 8 oz. edenbodyworks.net

Promises: Coconut Shea All Natural Leave-In Conditioner is a daily conditioning treatment formulated with one of nature’s best moisturizer, Coconut Oil, to penetrate and revitalize tresses. Blended with Shea butter to seal in moisture. Sulfate free formula is safe for color treated hair, chemically treated hair, curly or straight hair.

Initial Reaction: First off let my thank Candice for recommending this line of products to me. I love the scent of coconuts but this product’s scent is disappointing. It smells like soap and artificial coconuts.

As a Daily Moisturizer: This leave-in is very moisturizing and it has a great consistency. A dime size of this product goes a long way. If using this product alone you would have to apply it about every other day. But if you want it to last longer it is best to seal it in with an oil. This product is not as great as my Soultanicals Knot Sauce, but it is good enough to be rotated into my routine. The only drawback with this product is that it tends to build up with daily use.

As a Leave-In Conditioner: Being that this is a leave-in, this is where the product works best. I put this on my hair after deep conditioning it and in the morning my hair was still moisturized. I would say that this product works best on damp hair.

Overall, this is a great leave-in. It does double duty by working as a daily moisturizer as well as a leave-in conditioner. It is very moisturizing, has a nice consistency and a decent scent. I will be repurchasing this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment