Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wash Day

June 29, 2013

This Wash Day could not come soon enough, my hair and scalp was feeling dry and icky. This week I officially began a “regular” workout regimen and my hair has been taking a beating because of it. It is very hard to maintain and take care of my new growth and workout at the same time, but I have been managing. My go to workout hairstyle is a low bun or four braids. I am about two weeks away from my touch up but I am still debating whether I want to push it back two additional weeks. Here is how this weeks wash day went.

Pre-poo: None

Shampoo: Since I am weeks away from my touch up I decided to use Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo to get rid of any build up and prep my hair for my touch up.

Tea Rinse: None

Deep Condition: L’Oreal Damage- Erasing Balm on new growth and TRESseme on Length.

Leave- In: ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on new growth Proclaim Tea Tree Leave In conditioner on length and ends.

Moisturize and Seal: Soultanicals Knot Sauce and Coconut Oil on scalp and length and sealed with Organix Anti-Breakage Serum on ends.

This week I wanted to see how far I have come lengthwise. When my hair was about 70% dry I decided to blow dry it the rest of the way.DSCN5319

APRIL 11, 2013

 

 

The picture on the left was taken April 11, 2013 and the picture on the right was taken June 29, 2013. As you can tell my hair has grown but I know when I get my touch up I am going to have to at least cut about an inch or more to even my hair out :( I know, I know, its sad but I have to let it go so I can get rid of the damaged ends. I am on my way to healthier hair and I am very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment