Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wash Day

June 22, 2013

Hello Ladies,

I am a little over a month post relaxer and this new growth is poppin’. This week I was not so good to my hair, I wanted to try some cute protective styles which led to me manipulating my hair a bit too much for my liking. I tried the Bantu Knot out which did not come out like I wanted so I just ended up combing it out—- Ouch, right! That is a big no, no when it is this far post relaxer. Not to mention, I finally learned how to cornrow (and it only took me 24 years)! I was so happy, I tried to put a few braids in my hair. I was a little bit successful, but then I realized that I had too much hair for an inexperienced braider. But I did have fun braiding my mother’s hair.

Pre-poo: This week I am giving my new growth some extra lovin’ in the form of moisture. I started off my putting my hair into four sections and then I detangled each section. I put TRESseme conditioner on my new growth as if I were doing a touch up to my hair. I then put safflower oil on the length and the ends of my hair. I put a plastic cap on and then my head scarf and let it sit over night.

Shampoo: I washed my hair in sections using the generic version of Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo.

Tea Rinse: Used a tea mix that contained chickweed, red clover, parsley, fennel, cinnamon, alfalfa, peppermint, and orange peel. I sprayed into the four sections of my hair. Put a plastic bag and a plastic cap over my head and let the tea sit for about 7 minutes.

Deep Conditioner: I added protein to this week’s wash by using Organix Hydrating Keratin Masque. I put a shower cap on and let it sit for an hour.

Leave- In: Used my Proclaim Tea Tree Leave- In conditioner.

M&S (moisturize and seal): Used Soultanicals Knot Sauce on scalp and length and Organix Anti- Breakage Serum

How was your wash day?

No comments:

Post a Comment