Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Relaxer Day

July 12, 2013

It has been 9 weeks and 6 days and I have finally made it to the end of my stretch. I relaxed my hair a day early because I have an important meeting on Saturday.

My go-to relaxer kit is Dark & Lovely Healthy Gloss 5 No-Ly Relaxer in Regular strength. I am  not going to go step-by-step on how I applied my relaxer because you all know how to do it. I will say that I went a little over my desired relaxer time because it took a while for me to apply the relaxer, but I had no breakage or burns so that is good.

After I rinsed out the relaxer I applied Silk Keratin Serum that came with the kit to strengthen my hair. I left it on my hair for 8 minutes and then rinsed it out. I then neutralized my hair in sections 3 times.

After the final rinse I applied Organix Hydrating Keratin Masque along with some of the conditioner that came with the kit. I put a plastic bag on my hair and then covered it with a shower cap and left it on for about 45 minutes and rinsed my hair out and detangled it while in the shower. I covered my hair with an old t-shirt to soak up the excess water for 10 minutes.

Next step, I moisturized my hair and scalp by applying Soultanicals Knot Sauce and sealed it in with Organix Anti-Breakage Serum. I then let my hair air dry about 70% then I blow dried the rest on medium heat. Since I have not trimmed my hair since my last relaxer I trimmed about half an inch to an inch off *sad face*

*Please excuse the picture quality, my camera is broken and I had to use my crappy phone to take pictures*

These are BEFORE I trimmed…

SSPX0010SSPX0012

And after…

SSPX0020

So I think I was a little scissor happy and it looks as though I am back to shoulder length hair :( but I guess its good as long as its healthy.

Tip for next touch up: Don’t leave the relaxer on for too long!

Overall, I am quite please at the results, better yet, I made it through my first relaxer stretch. I am going to try to go for 12 weeks next time which will be October 4, 2013.

Let the journey continue…

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I think that your trim looks lovely! Nothing like freshly trimmed blunt ends!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, it was a task though

    ReplyDelete
  3. You trimmed for the greater good :) at least you are a better trimmer than I am lol after my last trim my hair was still uneven

    ReplyDelete