Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wash Day


It has been exactly twelve days since I have washed my hair. Bad idea! My hair is so oily, and my combs are filthy. I was going to hold off until Saturday but I could not take it anymore. This week I tried something new and opted for a Clarifying Shampoo; clarifying shampoos strip the hair of product build-up which is a must for me right now. I used [1] Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying Shampoo. When I read about what clarifying shampoos did I was quite hesitant because I thought that it would completely dry my hair out and leave me with stringy hair. But it did not. I could instantly tell that my hair was squeaky though. I followed it up with a new conditioner, [2] L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm. After I applied the balm to my hair, I covered it with a plastic bag, followed by a shower cap and let the balm sit in my hair for over an hour. I rinsed the balm out with cold water to lock the moisture into the strands of my hair. I followed that up by applying [3] Proclaim Tea Tree Leave-In Conditioner as well as [4] ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer. I allowed my hair to air dry a little bit before moisturizing my scalp with [5] Dark and Lovely Moisture Hair Creme. Finally I [6] sealed my ends with a mixture of Safflower oil, Grapeseed oil, JBCO, and lavender oil.






No comments:

Post a Comment