Sunday, May 5, 2013

Touch Up


    My new growth shouted FINALLY! I touched up my new growth yesterday. I used Dark and Lovely No-Lye Relaxer. After washing my hair out with the neutralizing shampoo I deep conditioned my hair using Tresseme: Moisture Rich Luxurious Moisture w/ vitamin E. I put a regular plastic grocery bag on my head and then I put two shower caps over it and let the conditioner sit in my hair for an hour and forty-five minutes. I washed the conditioner out with cold water. Troweled my hair the I sprayed  Proclaim: Tea Tree Leave-In Conditioner and ApHogee: Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, both of these sprays contain keratin, I hope it was not a protein overload. After I let it air dry I moisturized my scalp and hair with Dark and Lovely Healthy Gloss 5 hair Creme, followed it up with my homemade mixture of oils that contains coconut oil, black castor oil, safflower oil,and eucalyptus oil. I put my hair into three braids and wrapped my hair in my scarf. 
   Overall I was pleased with this hair session. I was so happy that there was not a lot of shedding/breakage when I finally combed through my hair. I really need to figure out how tho manage that the next time I am stretching my relaxer. I did not trim my ends this time because they were trimmed last week when I washed my hair. But depending on how long my bang is I might have to trim it.
   I have yet to take may braids out, but my hair feels lovely. Next time I am going to try to stretch my relaxer for this whole summer. The only reason why I touched up my new growth is because I am graduating from college this Friday. This week I plane on rocking protective styles. But on Thursday and Friday I plan on curling it. I have yet to purchase some rollers so I have to use the curling iron. I'll wash and deep condition my hair on Saturday, and then it will be protective styles for the rest of the summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment