Sunday, May 5, 2013

Healthy Hair Journey


Reading other hair blogs has me on a mission to healthier more manageable hair. Although I have a nice length of hair I do have my problems with it which include: 
Shedding
Breakage
Lack of moisture

My hair journey puts me on a mission to not only combat those issues but also gain more length to my hair.

I have normal relaxed hair and I occasionally color my hair (not every month or even every other month, it's more of when I get bored of my natural hair color). I frequently flat iron my hair. I DO NOT go to the hair salon and have only relied on "big momma's kitchen" or myself to do my hair. In my entire life I have only been to the hair salon about 3 or 4 times, I do not plan on going to the salon either. I really want to see if I can get healthy hair on my own. 

I guess what put me on this journey was the hype around Jamaican Black Castor oil. I purchased some recently to see what benefits it would really have on my hair then I thought "this could not be the only thing that I could do for my hair, this oil is not the magic liquid to get better hair, what else can I do?" 

And my research began...

Right now I am a sponge soaking up all of the information from other blogs and books to create a hair care regimen just for me. I am also doing my own research so that I purchase to best hair products for my needs.

 And the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment